Monday, January 7, 2013

Why I get nothing done every day, and why someone may have to be killed

Here's why I get nothing done every day. First of all, I don't get time to myself really until after my mom goes to bed the second time, and I've been so exhausted lately that it's been tough to do anything productive then, so I've just been chatting and writing emails and even doing that distractedly and half-assedly.

So as an example:
I went to bed around 12:30 AM or so last night (I don't remember exactly) and I fell asleep around 1 or 1:30. My mother zonked out at 6:30 PM or something ridiculous like that, and I took her to pee at 11 something. At 3:45, she needed to pee again. So between taking her to the bathroom and getting her water and helping her brush her teeth and all the other things I do, that meant I got her back into bed and am able to go back to mine around 4:30. Then I fell back to sleep around 5 or 5:30. Of course, she chugged the first glass of water I gave her when she woke up, so I had to get up at 6:30 to help her pee again. Then back into bed around 8 (I had to make her juice), and sleep around 9. Then my mom woke me for a phone call at 10:30. And then I amazingly went right back to sleep (because I didn't have to do anything but walk to the phone and take it to mom). Of course, she honked (I got her  bike horn to summon me) 15 minutes later to have me hang up the phone. The phone could've happily sat there by her side, but clearly she's trying to cut this endgame short. There aren't many who have seen me have my sleep fucked with, but I don't think any of those people would recommend doing it. So after that the nurse came, and then I moved her old bed to the spare room, and then a new hospital bed showed up, all the assembly and whatnot took until around 3:30 PM. I went to lie down and zonked out around 4:00, and then someone knocked on the door at 4:15. I could keep going, but you get the idea. After the 4:15 thing, I just decided to deal with a splitting headache for the rest of the night and stay awake.

The one silver lining is that the nurse put a catheter in my mom, so I may get 8 hours of sleep in a row tonight instead of spending the entire day getting....let's see....2.5+1.25+1.5+.25....5.5 hours. Jesus christ. I got 5.5 hours of sleep in 4 increments!?

The part that killed me is that when the catheter lady came, Mom tried to back out of doing it again (She should've had it in already on Friday). It struck me as aggravatingly cowardly. I can understand that it is obnoxious, but she's been talking big about getting it, but every time the lady is here, she's scrambling to come up with reasons not to do it. I guess I just don't understand irrationality in people.

She did finally do it, and it's a good thing. A few more days of this and I would've definitely murdered someone. It would've just been random as to whether it would've been her, a nurse, or a visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment