Thursday, January 17, 2013

They Waterboard Horses, Don't They?

Well, I don't know why, but it looks like my blog blanked out for no real reason.  So I went tinkering and got it back working again.  So what has happened in the last few days?  I've gotten a couple of care packages.  (I'm going to go ahead and mention names here) One came from Rebecca and Adam with a ton of goodies on the day of the last post, when I was really needing a pick-me-up, and one came from my cousin Keri with the book I most want to read right now.  It is nice.  I also got a letter and calendar from Pip in Germany a little while back.  Between that and Jesse, Clinton, and Doris visiting, and James building facilities to store all my stuff left from my dad, I'm feeling pretty loved.

My little brother is being a shit, though.  But I think I may have come up with a solution that at least works for me.  It may work for him, or it may blow up in his face, but it doesn't matter.  It'll be headache-free money for me, and he can be the master of his own ship without feeling that I'm trying to fight for control of the wheel.

And, I told my mom last night.  "I'm going to leave the water running fairly mightily, so that it doesn't freeze for the third day in a row, so don't go waking me up to tell me there's water running."  5 hours later..."JERM!"  "*Grumble* yeah?"  "I hear water running."  I may start waterboarding her whenever she says this until she's trained to shut up about it.

...And she went to bed at about 6PM, so of course, she woke up at 1:20 needing several things.  It's fine, I gave her drugs, water, and dumped her pee.  But I warned her not to wake me to tell me water was running, because I know it is.  Okay, posting this and passing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment