Monday, January 14, 2013

Mom says, "Reverse everything I told you all your life."

Ah, the fun never ends!  She kept me up pretty late, late enough that I ended up totally passing out the second I got back to my room.  But I did have the presence of mind to turn on a small trickle to keep the pipes from freezing when it decided to get cold as shit overnight (-5 or -15C) and tell her about this.  Of course, she had done her mind eraser, so she made sure to wake me to text me at 5:30 AM to tell me she heard water running in the house somewhere.  Maybe it's a good thing she got rid of that shotgun when she did!

I would say she might actually prefer being shot to laying there in bed based on how often she says she wants it to be over quick, but then every two hours she wants another fistful of miracle vitamin supplements and to tell me a story about what she's going to do if she recovers.  I don't shoot her down--you know, figuratively speaking, the jury is still out on the other--but jesus woman, you're refusing treatment and you signed up for hospice.  How the hell do you think this shit works?  Maybe if I loaded the shotgun shells with gun powder, B vitamins, and kelp, she'd be into it.

Oh and right on cue, my mom told my brother what she said she would, and my brother responded by saying "No mom.  Trust my judgment.  I'm pretty sure I know what's going on there."  I don't think it's too far of a reach to assume he has decided that I've brainwashed her in order to pilfer her goods and redistribute them to the people she taught him to hate.  It's fine.  If he doesn't want to do something that's positive for everyone, either because he thinks that while he's getting something good, he's not getting all that he can, or because he wants to make sure that someone he dislikes doesn't benefit from it, then that's fine.  I'll just get my mom to change the will, and give me some extra money and remove my claim.  Then he's free to make a huge profit, or ruin himself trying.  Maybe things will work out, but where this side of the family is concerned, I am not so hopeful.

So my mom's boss came by to sit with her for a few hours and let me go out into the world.  Of course, I wanted to take the opportunity to go work out, but instead I just visited with my aunt, uncle, and cousin.  I was just too tired to do much else after the water incident.

My mom keeps saying, "He just needs to let it go." With regard to the house and everything else.  I've lived my life letting her be delusional and not correcting her.  But this time, it's not going away, because she has set my brother up to want to declare war on me once she's gone.  So I keep saying shit like, "If you've spent years working him up against them, he's not going to be okay with that."  Just to keep bursting her bubble.  I wonder what sort of mess I'm going to step into once I get back from Austin.  I'm assuming it'll be a dead mother due to extreme neglect.

In unrelated news, the "wetback trailer" behind my mom's place burned down tonight.  I didn't know what it was, but she informed me.  I find that term offensive.  There's not a drop of water between here and the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment