Friday, January 11, 2013

Spoke too soon...

Mom's new favorite hobby seems to be staying up until 1 A.M.  She's still not asleep.  But, she did think the ideal thing to do after she took her sleeping pill and pain pill was to wait an hour and then have me get her into the wheel chair and go inspect my bedroom.  She decided she needed to find some drawer pulls that she bought to put in a dresser that has had the living shit beaten out of it.  The best part about this, other than me totally not giving a shit about her unfinished projects is that the pill she took to fall asleep affects her memory, so it's like searching for something with an alzheimer's patient.  Look in that drawer, now take me to the back room, now look in this other place, let's go to the front, now look in that drawer, now take me to the back room...

But now, if there is a god, I think I know why he chose right now to paralyze my mom.  She was apparently about to paint every scrap of bare wood either blue or green.  I generally find that to be a travesty.  Hey mom, why don't we just paint the bricks around the stove too, and maybe there will be enough left to put a coat on the windows.

Don't worry, though.  There's no god.

1 comment: