Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lockdown

The little brother is gone.  We spent the day driving around on dirt roads way out in the desert looking for fossils or arrowheads or anything remotely cool.  We found a trough filled with something horrible (so we threw a bunch of rocks into it to make it splash) and an abandoned mine shaft.  You could drop a rock in it and hear it rattle to the bottom before hitting something metal and splashing into water.  Ah the beauty of having an open mine shaft right on your property.

He went back home to go to work tomorrow.  He wanted to take this week off too.  That would make four weeks of unpaid leave for NO REASON.  He really was driving me nuts here, because he was just around enough to fuck up anything I wanted to do, but not so much as to do anything with me, despite that he often lamented that.  It was disingenuous.  He wanted me to feel like he was really wanting to be with me, but he wasn't.  It was okay, because I didn't want him to be here either.  I don't do well living with anyone I'm not banging--at least if they can't leave me massively alone--so I was not fond of him here.  Plus, his whole function was to not have a key so that I would have to leave the door unlocked.  There's a reason why that's annoying, which I'll get to in a minute.

My grandfather has been at it for 1 day and is driving me mad.  He's retired and manic, so if you say, "Hey, this needs to be done," he thinks you mean that he has to help you, and that it has to be done immediately.  He also thinks that you have nothing else to do.  So I basically have to pretend like I'm not here or not awake or something, because he won't take, "Let's do that next month" for an answer.

But now I'm locked down.  I'm going to wake up in the morning, work out, write, and do my other side project.  Only then will I receive visitors.

I still don't have a certified certificate of death for my mom, which means that I still have no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment